You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 @ 9:38
RT @DoL_MinistryNew book "Enfolded in Christ" by John-Francis Friendship helps priests cultivate spiritual practices/habits for per… https://t.co/R2MMT1dnOf
Author(s): Ian Markham, J. Barney Hawkins, Mark Oakley
By joining our friends scheme, this item would only cost
£58.50, and you can
benefit from future savings and promotions.
to find out more or add the annual £10
membership to your basket now.
A Bible commentary with a difference, Words That Listen provides readings from world literature to accompany every Gospel passage of the Revised Common Lectionary for Years A, B and C.
For each Sunday Gospel reading, it offers four extracts, with commentary, from fiction, nonfiction, poems, great speeches and sacred texts, to plays, television and film scripts, social commentaries, and theologians past and present.
Authors featured include:
* writers from the classical Christian tradition, from Origen to Rowan Williams
* many literary greats, including Dante, Shakespeare, Tolstoy, Emily Bronte, T. S. Eliot, Virginia Woolf and Oscar Wilde
* recent and contemporary poets: U. A. Fanthorpe, Seamus Heaney, Mary Oliver, Wendell Berry and Malcolm Guite
* modern novelists and writers: P D James, Annie Dillard, Maya Angelou, Stephen King and Marilynne Robinson
* filmmakers and screenwriters: Martin Scorcese, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg
* songwriters and musicians: Leonard Cohen, U2, Led Zeppelin and Lady Gaga
* paintings from leading artists that illuminate biblical events and encounters.
Bound in two paperback volumes in a slipcase, Words That Listen brings together the worlds of art and faith to offer a unique resource for all who preach.
Ian Markham is Principal of Virginia Theological Seminary. J Barney Hawkins is Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Professor in Pastoral Theology and Continuing Education at Virginia Theological Seminary. Mark Oakley is Canon Chancellor of St Paul's Cathedral.
It was exactly what I ordered, and it arrived on time.