Pastoral Care in Practice
An Introduction and Guide
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
For anyone seeking an accessible introduction to Christian pastoral care, this short guide offers a practical introduction to caring for congregations and communities.
- A brief exploration of the Biblical and theological background of pastoral care.
- Self-care: assessing your abilities and sources of support.
- Keeping everyone safe: the principles behind all safeguarding policies.
- How best to care for LGBTQI+ and BAME people, and asylum seekers.
- The place of prayer in pastoral care, including pitfalls to be aware of.
- Conducting pastoral visits at home, in a coffee shop or online.
- Caring for families and children. - Caring for sick people.
- Caring in difficult situations.