Journey to the Heart
Christian Contemplation Through the Centuries - An Illustrated Guide
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
The contemplative tradition in Christianity traces its origins back to Jesus himself, who frequently withdrew to quiet places to pray, and it has nourished and challenged disciples in every generation since.
Journey to the Heart is an in-depth and richly illustrated exploration of Christian spirituality by some of today's leading spiritual writers.
From New Testament times to the present day, it reveals the life and teachings of the greatest Christian mystics including:
* Jesus, St John and St Paul
* The Early Church Fathers - Clement, Origen, Gregory of Nyssa
* Desert Mothers and Fathers
* the Monastics - Benedict, Francis
* the early English mystics - Julian of Norwich, Marjorie Kemp and Walter Hilton
* the European tradition - St John of the Cross, Teresa of Avila, Meister Eckhart
* the poets - Traherne, George Herbert
* modern day mystics - Merton, Bede Griffiths, John
Main Winner at the Catholic Press Association Awards: Popular presentation of the Catholic faith 2nd prize.
Other products in this Category
Monastery Without Walls
Sky is Always There
To Live is to Pray
Dora Bryan's Tapestry Tales
This is My Body
From Fear to Faith
Augustine of Canterbury