Journey to the Heart
Christian Contemplation Through the Centuries - An Illustrated Guide
This item is a print on demand title and will be dispatched in 1-3 weeks.
The contemplative tradition in Christianity traces its origins back to Jesus himself, who frequently withdrew to quiet places to pray, and it has nourished and challenged disciples in every generation since.
Journey to the Heart is an in-depth and richly illustrated exploration of Christian spirituality by some of today's leading spiritual writers.
From New Testament times to the present day, it reveals the life and teachings of the greatest Christian mystics including:
* Jesus, St John and St Paul
* The Early Church Fathers - Clement, Origen, Gregory of Nyssa
* Desert Mothers and Fathers
* the Monastics - Benedict, Francis
* the early English mystics - Julian of Norwich, Marjorie Kemp and Walter Hilton
* the European tradition - St John of the Cross, Teresa of Avila, Meister Eckhart
* the poets - Traherne, George Herbert
* modern day mystics - Merton, Bede Griffiths, John
Main Winner at the Catholic Press Association Awards: Popular presentation of the Catholic faith 2nd prize.
Other products in this Category
Sky is Always There
When Swan Lake Comes to Sarajevo
The Oblate Life
This is My Body
The Heart of Creation
Word Made Flesh
Through Julian's Window
From DNA to Dean
From Fear to Faith
John Henry Newman
History of the Society of the Sacred Mission
Da Vinci Code and the Secrets of the Temple