This clear and comprehensive guide addresses all that ministers need to know to about conducting weddings well.
Ideal for curates, training incumbents, ordinands and those who teach them, it combines information on legal requirements, service planning, pastoral practice and hassle-free organisation together in one place. Topics include:
* Procedural: the initial contact with a couple and the ground you need to cover;
* Liturgical: service options and rules, choosing music and readings, the logistics of the day itself and conducting the ceremony;
* Legal: what is required and how to be well organised with paperwork;
* Missional: how marriage can be used to build up the Church;
* Pastoral: how to deal with sensitive issues such a divorce and family differences.
Other products in this Category
What They Don't Teach You at Theological College
For God's Sake
Human Face of Church
The Preaching Life
Making All Things New
Faith and Life Negotiate