You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Thu 21 Feb 2019 @ 21:31
RT @rulesforchristVery exited about the interest in the upcoming book and your thoughts on Christian Activism. Do keep messaging me w… https://t.co/u51jGDT4pc
Author(s): Paul Thomas
This clear and comprehensive guide addresses all that ministers need to know to about conducting weddings well.
Ideal for curates, training incumbents, ordinands and those who teach them, it combines information on legal requirements, service planning, pastoral practice and hassle-free organisation together in one place. Topics include:
* Procedural: the initial contact with a couple and the ground you need to cover;
* Liturgical: service options and rules, choosing music and readings, the logistics of the day itself and conducting the ceremony;
* Legal: what is required and how to be well organised with paperwork;
* Missional: how marriage can be used to build up the Church;
* Pastoral: how to deal with sensitive issues such a divorce and family differences.
Paul Thomas is Vicar of St James's Sussex Gardens in Paddington and is Deputy Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Prayer Book Society.