You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Thu 20 Sep 2018 @ 8:05
Our Summer Sale must end tomorrow... but stop by https://t.co/b7dhHbFs8s today and get free UK postage on all order… https://t.co/jFihGBtC8F
Author(s): Tess Ward
This book is intended as a supplement to Common Worship Pastoral Services which provides liturgies for use in ministry to the sick - distribution of communion, emergency baptism, laying on of hands and anointing.
Many hospital chaplains find their services are needed in other acute situations and often by people who have no church connection or knowledge of religious language. Here chaplains need to improvise.
This practical volume draws on the experience of numerous clergy and chaplains and provides tried and tested liturgies in accessible language for a wider range of occasions.
Prayers are included for
- occasions surrounding birth: thanksgiving, baby blessing and naming, emergency baptism, prayers for a stillborn child
- healing rites: communion, anointing, laying on of hands, confession and reconciliation
- marriage in hospital, blessing of a civil union, affirmation of a relationship
- prayers for every stage of a hospital stay
- on receiving a diagnosis, before an operation, when life support is withdrawn
- occasions surrounding the death of infants, children and adults
Tess Ward is an Anglican hospital chaplain in Oxford. Prior to ordination she worked as a nurse and a counsellor.