Alternative Pastoral Prayers
Liturgies and Blessings for Health and Healing
This item is currently unavailable.
Enter your email address below and we will email you when the item comes into stock.
This book is intended as a supplement to Common Worship Pastoral Services which provides liturgies for use in ministry to the sick - distribution of communion, emergency baptism, laying on of hands and anointing.
Many hospital chaplains find their services are needed in other acute situations and often by people who have no church connection or knowledge of religious language. Here chaplains need to improvise.
This practical volume draws on the experience of numerous clergy and chaplains and provides tried and tested liturgies in accessible language for a wider range of occasions.
Prayers are included for
- occasions surrounding birth: thanksgiving, baby blessing and naming, emergency baptism, prayers for a stillborn child
- healing rites: communion, anointing, laying on of hands, confession and reconciliation
- marriage in hospital, blessing of a civil union, affirmation of a relationship
- prayers for every stage of a hospital stay
- on receiving a diagnosis, before an operation, when life support is withdrawn
- occasions surrounding the death of infants, children and adults
Other products in this Category
Heaven and Earth in Little Space
Composing Music for Worship
At Heaven's Gate
All Shall be Well
Let Justice Roll Down
Creative Ideas for Whole Church Family Worship with CD ROM
Times and Seasons
Sense of the Divine