Two leading practitioners of new monasticism open up the movement's spiritual landscape and its distinctive calling and gifts within today's church.
Practical experiences and stories are set alongside reflection and liturgies as a creative resource for all who are already involved in, or are exploring intentional living in community.
Focusing on new monasticism's key characteristics of prayer, mission and community, this book explores:
- continuity with traditional religious life
- innovations, such as its use of social networking technology
- potential for spiritual formation
- preference for the abandoned places of society
- transformative approach to mission
- blend of the traditional and experimental in worship
- growing international presence
Other products in this Category
The Rule of St Benedict
Take This Bread
How Healthy is the C of E?
Handbook of Religious Life
The Drama of Living
365 Days of Yes
A Life-Giving Way
Regeneration and Renewal
How Then Shall We Live?
Running to Resurrection
Where Prayer Flourishes
Sense of the Divine