Two leading practitioners of new monasticism open up the movement's spiritual landscape and its distinctive calling and gifts within today's church.
Practical experiences and stories are set alongside reflection and liturgies as a creative resource for all who are already involved in, or are exploring intentional living in community.
Focusing on new monasticism's key characteristics of prayer, mission and community, this book explores:
- continuity with traditional religious life
- innovations, such as its use of social networking technology
- potential for spiritual formation
- preference for the abandoned places of society
- transformative approach to mission
- blend of the traditional and experimental in worship
- growing international presence
Other products in this Category
Sense of the Divine
Lost in Wonder
Regeneration and Renewal
Creative Ideas for Frontline Evangelism with Young People
Signs of the Times
To Live is to Pray
How Healthy is the C of E?
How Then Shall We Live?
Mission Shaped Evangelism
Living in Hope