Two leading practitioners of new monasticism open up the movement's spiritual landscape and its distinctive calling and gifts within today's church.
Practical experiences and stories are set alongside reflection and liturgies as a creative resource for all who are already involved in, or are exploring intentional living in community.
Focusing on new monasticism's key characteristics of prayer, mission and community, this book explores:
- continuity with traditional religious life
- innovations, such as its use of social networking technology
- potential for spiritual formation
- preference for the abandoned places of society
- transformative approach to mission
- blend of the traditional and experimental in worship
- growing international presence
Other products in this Category
The Drawing of This Love
Living the Hours
City of God
How Healthy is the C of E?
New Monasticism as Fresh Expression of Church
Open for You
The Oblate Life
365 Days of Yes
Take This Bread