You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Mon 12 Feb 2018 @ 11:05
RT @ChurchTimes"A valuable and courageous book"
Ann Morisy reviews For Good: The Church and the future of welfare by Sam Wells… https://t.co/giHHhvjCgh
Author(s): Sue Pickering
By joining our friends scheme, this item would only cost
£17.09, and you can
benefit from future savings and promotions.
to find out more or add the annual £10
membership to your basket now.
This essential new companion from the author of the much-praised Spiritual Direction will help anyone in pastoral care master an essential skill: hearing and speaking from a spiritual perspective.
A comprehensive and practical handbook, it includes:
Part 1: Missional Listening
* Holy listening - to God, ourselves, and our communities
* Sharpening our awareness of God at work in our own lives
* Deepening our trust in the Holy Spirit
* Theological reflection - the weaving of scripture, tradition, culture and experience
* Building relationships that empower
Part 2: Spiritual Conversation
* Respectful engagement
* Spiritual needs and a Christian response
* Sharing our own stories and those of Jesus
* Costly loving
Sue Pickering is an experienced retreat guide and spiritual director. She is a Canon of New Plymouth Cathedral, New Zealand, and chaplain to a retirement community.